Thursday, January 1, 2009

Readings.


So my last entry on readings was on "The book of laughter and forgetting" by Milan Kundera. Okay. Why am i blogging on them? I'm trying to pen some thoughts down, perhaps a summary or just portions that I want to remember the book by, just so I don't entire forget I've read the book. I need to feel like I have accomplished something and added something to my living collection by reading the book. Do I enjoy reading or am I doing it to fulfill a goal? Sometimes I enjoy reading. Often in fact. I really liked Kundera's work until I was halfway through "The unbearable lightness of being" Then I found myself concentrating to find a way to enjoy the book. This, ironically, was perhaps what made me lose interest. Nonetheless I completed it. Do i remember it? Let's find out...

Also, I'm thinking of giving up Moby Dick (at least for now, maybe forever though)


Book of laughter and forgetting

all i remember is that the 2nd short story is called "mama" and it's about a wife who for some reason...well basically the whole story paints images and lets you see how she was thinking...and makes a threesome possible for her husband. a lot of other stuff. i guess books like these are hard to summarize because they are more about the psychology of the person at a time...and the thoughts can change, can contradict...just like in real life. i should read it again if i want to actually piece the puzzle together, though the very action of piecing it together may make me blind to seeing it from another angle or may make me see it in a way i never actually saw it when i read the book, and this new view of mind will be called the "clearer" view. clearer? don't know. maybe you just lose stuff along the way in life. but from dust to dust. not only do we not bring our possessions such sa my ipod with me when i die, but maybe i don't bring my thoughts...my prized thoughts...my worldview...my whatevers...maybe i lose my identity. is that a bad thing? sounds like it when phrased that way. well...we forget don't we? can't study so much and remember everything. gotta just do what's relevent so i can keep doing it and be fresh on that topic.

sigh.

then there's a story about "angels"
basically the main drift i get is that when you group together for some cause, you may find your whole direction going off-target but it won't even concern you. you (as a group, reinforcing each other maybe) just go...go...go....like aristocrats...la la la la la....into another world...and people left behind are like "what the frree....?" lalalalallalalalallalalal

the story about that waitress in the bar. oh. lost letters. she wants her letters back. but why? bla bla bla bla bla....so on and so forth...lalaaalallalaaa zzz...

MAN this book is just something to be read and enjoyed at the moment. i feel like i've learnt things. like it has increased my understanding the way you go into some new place and when you come back you feel like you have more knowledge...but of what? like i see the sunrise but i'm not feeling more knowledgable in the sense that OH now i saw the sun rise..OH the colors...OH...lalala...no...you just feel like you had a moment with life.

so i will stop on this book.

and i will not start writing about the other book.



as for
"The sorrows of young werther"

zzz..
guy goes to this town. meets this girl. warned not to like her. likes her. meets her fiance. he knows the guy like his fiance but they are friends. ah he can't take it anymore, he leaves and gets that government job. class issues. some problems arising from class. oh yah, good part about some old woman, left with nothing but the protection of her "class" because she is supposed, and is still considered as, middle class or slightly higher. otherwise she might be seen by people as just some old worthless uncared for 'beggar (she's not a beggar)' woman. anyway, finally, this guy leaves his job goes back to find the girl...lala....knows he can't be with her. decides to kill himself. bang. good game.

No comments:

 
EatonWeb Blog Directory